We hope you and your family are safe and well. If you’ve been affected by the floods here in our country, please accept our sincere condolences. May you find the strength to endure this very difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
As I was getting back to work earlier this week, I found myself wondering how I could address the devastation.
Part of my day-to-day work is creating content, so I didn’t feel it was appropriate to publish content that did not acknowledge the heartbreaking losses so many people have experienced from this.
If you’re also like me, and had to go back to work as per normal, you may have wondered the same thing. You may have clients, colleagues, contractors, or customers — people that you communicate with at work — who were affected by the floods.
So for our live session this week, we decided to share phrases to express condolences. Condolence is an expression of sympathy to someone who is experiencing misfortune.
We can’t speak for everyone, but we know that many people appreciate words of comfort and sympathy when they’re going through a difficult situation. However, it may be difficult to find the right words to say — especially if it’s in our second language.
So if you’re in the situation where you need to express condolences, but find yourself going blank, we hope you’ll take the time to watch the replay here.
Phrases to express condolences:
1. I am so sorry about the heartbreaking losses you have experienced. Please accept my deepest sympathy.
2. My sincere condolences for your loss in this calamity. May Allah SWT grant you strength during these difficult times. (For Muslims.)
3. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I’m here if you need me.
4. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are just a phone call away if you need anything at all.
5. Sending my warm sympathies to you in these difficult times. I pray to the Almighty to impart you with all the strength to come out of these tough times.
6. If there is anything I can do to ease your loss, please let me know. I would be grateful for the opportunity to help you.
7. We are deeply sorry to learn about your losses caused by the disaster. Please know that we are all thinking about you. You have our sincere condolences.
8. I am very sorry this has happened. I know it must be extremely difficult for you and others in your situation.
9. I want you to know I am thinking of you. I wish you the best possible outcome as you navigate this very difficult time.
10. Extending my warm condolence for your loss in this natural calamity. May you find the strength to endure these challenging times.