The year is coming to a close and this is officially our last blog post of 2021!
In December every year, I usually feel a little melancholic to bid farewell to the current year, but also hopeful and inspired to begin a new one. Writing in a journal helps me reflect on the past 12 months and create new plans for the next.
So for this week’s post, I thought it’d be good to share with you some of the questions that I will be answering in my year-end journal entry. Maybe it will inspire you to ask similar questions to yourself as we enter 2022.
To get the most out of these questions, schedule some time alone where you won’t be disturbed (or less likely to be disturbed — I know you may be living with small children or rowdy family members this holiday season 😁).
Also, have a pen and notebook with you to write down your answers. According to one goal-setting study, you are 42 percent more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down.
So here are five questions you can answer for yourself:
- What are the five accomplishments that you are most proud of in 2021? It can be a mix of both personal and professional.
- What were your five favourite moments, memories, or experiences of 2021?
- Who were the five people you most connected with in 2021?
- What five things could you have done better in 2021?
- What are your top five goals for 2022? What do you want to be, do, have, or experience in the next 12 months?
Now remember, there is no right or wrong way to answer these questions. Just let your thoughts and words flow.
If your mind goes blank, it’s okay. You don’t have to answer all of them in one sitting. Just be patient with yourself and trust that you can find the answers to these questions. They’re already inside of you. Just give yourself some time to calm your mind and find them.
I hope you’ll try this exercise and let us know how it goes. May you finish the year rested, refreshed, and energised to start a hopeful new year in 2022.